The art of musical improvisation and Georgian tuning system
10/01/2019 - 10/01/2020
New available masterclasses since fall 2019, with Malkhaz Erkvanidze in Bukistsikhe, Guria.
JOYOUS HOST AUGUST TOUR 2019
08/02/2019 - 08/17/2019
- Joyous Host tour contains musical and cultural exciting activities in villages and rural cites of western Georgia.
- The musical part of the tour includes practicing and learning Georgian folk and sacred songs, vocal production, tuning and ornamentation under the instruction of Malkhaz Erkvanidze , the director of the Ensemble SAKHIOBA, and other members. Participants are able to learn folk songs from different regions of Georgia. The group will have opportunities to meet the local masters of Georgian folk music. The method of learning will mostly be by ear. The lyrics sheets will be provided. Practicing Georgian folk dancing and playing instruments are also parts of the program. By the end of the tour group will have a chance to perform on a local stage.
- The other cultural part of the tour includes tasting Georgian wine, tasting Georgian delicious dishes and participating in cooking process.
- There will be excursions and friendly picnics which will take place in the beautiful nature and at some historical sites.
- The content of both (July and August) tours are identical, only the locations are different.
JOYOUS HOST AUGUST TOUR
Participation Fee: 1500 USD includes: transportation from Tbilisi/Kutaisi to the tour destinations and back, accommodation, 3 meals per day, musical workshops and excursions. The fee excludes airfare.
Locations: Samegrelo (Western Georgia), Svaneti (Mountainous Georgia), Adjara (Black Sea coast), Guria (Western Georgia)
JOYOUS HOST JULY TOUR 2019
07/14/2019 - 07/29/2019
Participation Fee: 1400 USD includes: transportation from Tbilisi/Kutaisi to the tour destinations and back, accommodation, 3 meals per day, musical workshops and excursions. The fee excludes airfare.
Samtskhe-Javakheti (Souths-Western Georgia), Adjara (Mountainous villages and Black Sea coast), Guria (Western Georgia)